Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Off to Reno!

The Collegiate Nationals start friday! First ever ww boater-X and freestyle comp open to ONLY college students. Fortuantely, grad students count. oh yeah.

Time to call the airport and make sure I can check a kayak!
airline- "how big is it?"
jacob- "less than 6' long"
airline- "sorry, we don't accept sea kayaks."
j- "whitewater kayak. 6' long, 40 lbs."
air- "let me check with my manager"
j- "ok"
air- "sorry, he said no. it has to be less than 80" l x w x h"
j- "look at your website. it says vaulting poles are allowed. i do believe those are a tad over 80"."
air- "huh. i've never vaulted."
really?

Yeah, long story short the kayak is flying with me.
Good times, Jay Kincaid has already threatened me with bodily harm upon my arrival.

Right on! Next update from Reno!
--Jacob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home